Cherokee Rose Quilt Guild - Golden Scissors Award
A Golden Scissor Charm is awarded for a completed quilt with a minimum measurement of 220" around the perimeter of the quilt.
For example, a quilt measuring 65" long by 45" wide has a qualifying perimeter of 220".
A Golden Safety Pin is awarded for smaller quilts and quilted items such as pillows, wall hangings, vests, table runners, and miniature quilts, etc.
A Sewing Machine Charm is awarded for personally machine quilting your own quilt.
A Thimble Charm is awarded for personally hand quilting your own quilt.
See the Golden Scissors Committee at guild meetings to receive your charms
- The quilt should be completed in the same year the award is given.
- The quilt must be completely finished, quilted and bound.
- There must be a quilt label sewn into or onto the quit with at least the quilters name and date.
- The quilter presenting the quilt must have pieced the top.
- Piecing can be done by hand or by machine.
- Block-of-the-month, friendship, and round robin quilts assembled by the owner qualify for Awards.
- Whole cloth quilts are acceptable: however, no cheater quilts.
- Quilting may be either by hand or machine.
- Professional machine quilting and tied quilts are acceptable
- After earning 5 Golden Safety Pin Awards, they may be exchanged for 1 Golden Scissor Award.
- Both a written record of the Award and a Photo will be kept permanently by the guild.
- The record will include: the quilter's name, the name of the quilt and awards given.