Cherokee Rose Quilt Guild – Meeting Information
Sutton Hall (New Location 2017)
5971 Sutton Dr
Douglasville, GA 30135
Scroll to bottom of page to read Sutton Hall RulesIf the Douglas County Schools are closed due to inclement weather on our meeting dates, the Guild will NOT meet. If the schools have delayed starting time, we will meet.
From I-20, take exit 34 and go South on HWY 5 Bill Arp Road. Turn right onto Sutton Dr. Sutton Hall is 1st building on the left.
Our meeting times
Morning meetings are the 2nd Thursday of each month at 9:30 am, doors open at 9am.
Our day meetings are usually hands on, where we bring our machines and work on an actual project. This varies monthly. You can find out what is going on for each meeting in our newsletter or under our programs link.
Evening meetings are the 4th Thursday of each month at 7:00 pm, doors open at 6:30.
Our evening meetings usually have a program by a person outside our guild, and are typically accompanied by a trunk show.
We have day and evening hospitality committees, who arrange refreshments, which can be anything from light snacks to full meals.
Here is a Google map of the location.
Sutton Hall Rules and Regulations
- 1. User may use the facility to accommodate up to a maximum of 250 people for a stand-up reception. For a sit down dinner, the hall accommodates up to 150 people with limitations.
- 2. Caterers must furnish Hall with a copy of their current business license. A liability insurance certificate and Liquor Liability must be furnished by the caterer’s insurance agent, at least 45 days prior to event.
- 3. User shall be responsible for all actions of its’ caterers and will furnish caterer with a copy of these rules for their proper use of the facility.
- 4. Facility does not assume any responsibility for any items left by the caterer, guest or User. The User or caterer is responsible for removing all articles brought to the facility for the event.
- 5. No furniture, décor accessories will be moved without the prior approval of the events coordinator.
- 6. All functions are to end as contracted for the Event Period. All food,beverage service and entertainment must cease a minimum of one hour before the contracted end of the Event Period to allow caterer adequate clean up time. Facility reserves the right to require the guests, caterers, musicians, etc. to leave the facility at the contracted departure time. If this is not adhered to, facility reserves the right to charge User a late time fee of $200 per hour, for every hour thereafter. Maximum closing time of the facility is 1:00 a.m. (Event must end by 12:00 a.m.)
- 7. Nothing is to be hung, nailed, stapled or taped to any walls, ceilings, or floors at the facility.
- 8. No confetti, bubbles, rice or rose petals are to be thrown inside the facility. Rice, rose petals ore bubbles may be used outside .
- 9. No smoking or other flames are allowed in the facility, with the exception of candles. Any wax damage to floor or furniture will be deducted from the User’s damage deposit.
- 10. No nude or semi nude dancing is permitted at the Facility.
- 11. All publicity concerning the Facility must be approved by the Events Coordinator prior to print and distribution.
- 12. All equipment necessary for any event must be furnished by the User or its’ caterer. This includes trashcan liners, paper towels, kitchen utensils, detergents, etc. Rented equipment must be delivered and picked up at the facility by appointment only. Rental company may reach Linda at 770-354-3510. Pickup must be made by noon on Monday following a weekend event.
- 13. Facility representatives have the right to be present at all events but are not responsible for setup, cleanup, event supervision or assistance